Tuesday

*Barbara B Jewelry




















From the early 1980's until 2000, I had my own thriving business as “Barbara B” - creating jewelry and interesting objects, which were available in numerous galleries and boutiques from Vancouver to Montreal, Seattle to Madison Avenue. My one-of-a-kind creations which I created by hand, celebrated renaissance-thinking and juxtaposed-realities upcycled from a variety of materials ranging from Boeing airplane parts and cake decorations, to old photographs and magazine words and images. 

I was also so lucky to be celebrated as an artist in great publications like The Globe and Mail, given full page spreads in The Province, and featured regularly in The Georgia Straight, Western Living, and a range of other great local and national magazines.












“It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one.”  ~ Chuck Palahniuk.  

It looks like I’ve been honoring ancient images and words all of my life (wish everyone could and would). Respecting the past never gets old. xox
  
Enjoy!